With one of this summer’s biggest dubstep hits “Holdin On”, Monsta is quickly becoming one of the most popular names this year. The soulful vocals from lead singer Skaar were actually mistaken to be those of Aretha Franklin. When listening to the new tracks its easy to hear why.
They are getting huge support from just about everyone and their self titled EP is backed by the Skrillex record label OWSLA. For a brand new group being supported by one of this years best selling musicians on a new record label… they have to be good.
It’s hard to believe that an amazing song from their debut EP could be made any better, yet 2 amazing dubstep artists managed to make it incredible. Both Nero and Skrillex himself collaborated to do a remix of “Holdin On” and you’ll want to listen to it on repeat. Listen closely and you’ll hear the signature styles from Skrillex and Nero that take the original flowing sounds of the song to a whole new energetic level while adding more intensity to Skaar’s vocals.
If this group can accomplish so much in less than a year it will be exciting to see what they bring the world in 2013.
Monsta is currently on tour with Hadouken and will be all over the place during the OWSLA Tour as follows:
- Wednesday Nov 7th 2012 @ The Yost Theater in Santa Ana, California
- Thursday Nov 8th 2012 @ Voyeur in San Diego, California
- Friday Nov 9th 2012 @ Avalon in Hollywood, California
- Saturday Nov 10th 2012 @ Ruby Skye in San Franciso
- Sunday Nov 11th 2012 @ Mansion Nightclub in Ottawa, Canada
- Tuesday Nov 13th 2012 @ London Music Hall in London, Ontario
- Wednesday Nov 14th 2012 @ Wrong Bar in Toronto, Ontario
- Thursday Nov 15th 2012 @ SAT in Montreal, Quebec
- Friday Nov 16th 2012 @ Webster Hall in New York City
- Saturday Nov 17th 2012 @ o2 Academy in Bristol, UK
- Saturday Nov 17th 2012 @ Recher Theater in Towson, Maryland
- Sunday Nov 18th 2012 @ TLA in Philadelphia, PA